MV Garnock at Irvine Harbour
Added by: Places That We Know
09 Apr. 2020
Published in public domain under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 International license
The MV Garnock tugboat, built in 1956 by George Brown & Co. Ltd of Greenock, rests in the water at the harbourside. The boat worked on the Clyde Estuary, towing ships which were loading and unloading explosives for ICI Explosive Works at Ardeer. It was in operation until it was damaged dramatically by an explosion when dumping explosives near Ardrossan.