Memories Of Ryefield House.
Added by: Bypass ART
26 Jul. 2020
Published in public domain under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 International license
Originally owned by the Knox family, the present house dates from the early 19th century. In the 1920's a single storey ballroom was added which was also used as an art gallery by William Barr Knox. A marriage stone with the date 1786 and the initials JK and WM has been incorporated into one wall of the walled garden, presumably originating from an earlier built house such as Redheugh in Kilbirnie which was William Barr Knox's childhood home.